M3G Technology, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “M3G”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates the Riptide Platform that helps people communicate directly with one another about products and business services whether through our website or our mobile applications (the “Service” or “Riptide”).
“Aggregated Information” means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user.
“Third Parties” means companies or persons not related by common ownership or control or other unrelated individuals. Third Parties can be financial and non-financial companies, or persons other than you and M3G.
“Personal Information” means information (which may include sensitive information) relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of M3G.
“User” means any user of the Service including Customers and Service Providers.
“Product” means a product owned or under the control of a Customer, a specific service being provided to a Customer, or a project conducted on behalf of a customer.
“Message” means any communication of data including SMS, MMS, Facebook Messenger, other messaging service, other text, voice, diagnostic or any other data from a User to Riptide or to another User, from a Product to Riptide or to another User, or from Third Party software owned by a User to Riptide or to another User.
“Conversation” means a collection of Messages from one User to another User related to a Product.
“Costs” means the prices, rates, labor times, labor rates and other financial information presented on a Service Order to a Customer for a Business Service related to a Product provided by a Service Provider.
“Service History” means all information about a Product and the Business Service related to the Product presented on a Service Order, excluding the Costs.
“Service Record” means the Cost and Service History for a Business Service related to a Product.
What types of information does M3G gather about its users?
Information that you give us: We receive, store and process information, including Personal Information, that you make available to us when accessing or using our Service. Examples include when you:
- fill in any form on the Service, such as when you register or update the details of your User account, or when you supply ID and other verification information;
- enter Customer contact information or Customer Product information;
- create an account that requires payment of a fee, or use services offered via the Service that require payment of a fee, a valid credit card number or other payment information that may be required;
- access or use the Service, such as to communicate with other Users, inquire, approve, estimate, pay for, or invoice for Services, or post comments or reviews;
- communicate with M3G; and
- share information with another User.
Information we get from your use of our Platform: We also receive, store and process information, possibly including Personal Information, when you access or use our Service, including but not limited to:
- Mobile Data: When you use certain features of the Service, in particular our mobile applications, we may receive, store, and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g. IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g. GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Service or specific features of the platform). If you access the Service through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
- Log Data: We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Service, regardless of whether you are registered with Riptide or logged in to your Riptide Account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Service, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, device event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for M3G services on Third-Party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
Third Parties may not collect information about users' online activities on the Platform except as described in this policy.
How M3G uses and processes the information that you provide or make available
We use, store and process information about you for the following general purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Service;
- to enable you to communicate with other Users, including but not limited to sending Messages as part of a Conversation, including Conversations that result in provisioning Business Services from Service Providers that may be paid for through the Service;
- to create an account that requires payment of a fee, or use services offered via the Service that require payment of a fee, a valid credit card number or other payment information that may be required. By submitting your payment information, you authorize M3G to access and use this information in order to provide you with and accept payment for the services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Service, M3G’s business, and our Users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and to provide customer service;
- to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Service, such as detection and prevention of actual and potential fraud and other harmful activity, conducting investigations and risk assessments, enforcing our Terms of Service and policies, verifying the address of your locations, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases and information sources for fraud detection and prevention, risk assessment and harm prevention purposes. In this regard, we may do any or all of the foregoing with or without further notifying you;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about M3G, our services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications;
- to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by M3G or our Third Party business partners; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our Users, and enforce our agreements with Third Parties.
How M3G uses and processes user communications: We may, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other Users exchanged via the Service for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, we may scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes to help train our automated agents, make user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. We will use automated methods to carry out these reviews and analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Platform, you consent that M3G, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
When M3G discloses or shares your Personal Information, and to whom
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
- When a Customer chooses a Service Provider to provide Business Services related to a Product, we will disclose the Customer’s profile and Service History related to the Product to the Service Provider.
- We share Messages between a Customer and a Service Provider including Message content, sender location, and time sent with the Customer and Service Provider.
- We make Service Provider profiles public as Service Provider listings, and we share Service Provider profiles with Customers that choose the Service Providers.
- Conversations, including the Message content, time sent, source, and sender location, are retained and available to parties to the Conversation. We may share aggregate or de-identified Conversations with Third-Parties for purposes related to the functioning of the platform and for research and product improvement purposes.
- We share Personal Information with Third Parties to facilitate payments and messaging and other purposes related to the functioning of the Platform and for research and product improvement purposes.
- We compile Service Costs and Service History related to Products from Service Orders and other information provided by Service Providers and Customers.
- Customers may have access to all Service Records related to their Products.
- Service Providers have access to prior Service History related to Products for which Customers ask them to provide Business Services. In addition, Service Providers have access to Service Records for Business Services they have provided to Customers.
- We may also engage Third Parties to provide services to us, including but not limited to technology services and services to help verify your identification, to conduct checks against databases such as but not limited to public government databases (where legally allowed), to otherwise assist us with fraud prevention and risk assessment, to assist us with customer service, to serve targeted ads, and to facilitate the payments or reimbursements you request. We may provide Personal Information about you to these Third Parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. We will ensure that such Third Parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
- For any jurisdiction in which we facilitate the collection and remittance of taxes, Service Providers expressly grant us permission, without further notice, to store, transfer and disclose data and other information relating to them or to their transactions and similar information, to the relevant tax authority.
- We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
State Privacy Laws
For California residents, M3G will not share information it collects about you with Third Parties, except as required or permitted by your state’s law.
Business transfers by M3G
How to access, change or delete your information, or cancel your M3G account
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your M3G account. If you would like to cancel your M3G account entirely, you can do so by contacting support. Please also note that any reviews and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Service in association with your first name, even after your M3G account is cancelled.
Securing your personal information
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
Your privacy when you access Third-Party websites and resources